STEPS TO OBTAIN AN ABSENTEE BALLOT
- As soon as the notice of the vote, time and content, are posted the voter may request an application* for an absentee ballot. There must be a legitimate reason for requesting the absentee ballot (i.e. duties, occupation, vacation, college student, etc.) A voter may request more than one application if several individuals also need an application.
- An application will be mailed to the voter. Fill out completely and return in the envelope provided. The application must be received in the district office at least 7 days prior to the vote if mailed. It may be hand delivered until the day before the vote.
- Once the application is received, an absentee ballot will then be issued to the voter. It should be returned in the enclosed envelope (completely fill out the envelope also). It must be received in the office by 4:00 pm on the day of the vote.
- If time does not allow the voter to send a request for the application seven days prior to the vote, a request for an absentee ballot may be made in writing signed by the voter. The absentee ballot will then be issued and will be mailed along with an application. Both must be returned in the same envelope by 4:00 pm the day prior to the vote. If the application does not accompany the ballot, the vote will not be counted.
* Requests may be downloaded from the Web site, in writing, e-mail or telephone. Please download the Absentee Ballot Application.