Please click here for more information about bullying in school.
BULLYING AND CYBER-BULLYING
The Dignity for All Students Act (effective July 1, 2012) states: “Use of race, color, national origin, ethnic group, religion, religious practices, disability, gender, sex, weight, or sexual orientation as a basis for treating another in a negative manner will not be tolerated.”
Burton Street Administration, faculty and staff believe it is important:
- to nurture pro-social skills in students that includes: conflict resolution, appreciation for diversity, communication skills and cooperation with others.
- to utilize our character education curriculum by putting the culture of caring into action.
- to work effectively with families involved in a bullying situation.
- to support a culture of respect in our school community.
- to follow our school Code of Conduct when dealing with bullying issues.
Complete details reference the Dignity for All Students Act and additional bullying and cyber-bullying information is available at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/dignityact/