Want to learn more about some of the biggest challenges that schools throughout New York State are facing? Read through or download these fact sheets (PDF) below.
- BUDGET VOTES: Explains the new supermajority and contingency rules.
- NEW YORK’S PROPERTY TAX LEVY CAP: Provides FAQs and answers about the state legislation.
- THE 3 TAX LEVY NUMBERS: Explains the different tax levy figures that schools will be talking about again this year.
- TAX LEVY LIMIT FORMULA: Provides an annotated explanation of the tax levy “cap” formula.
- MANDATES AND MANDATE RELIEF: Explains what mandates are and recaps the decades-old efforts to provide relief.
- PENSIONS: Explains public pensions, the latest pension “reform” changes and how the tax levy “cap” exclusion works.
- GEA: Explains New York state’s Gap Elimination Adjustment and its effect on Cazenovia Central Schools.
- STAR: Explains STAR, the School TAx Relief program launched in New York state in 1998-99.