The Cazenovia Central School District is committed to preserving the security and integrity of student data. As outlined in the Common Core Implementation Reform Act of 2014, the Cazenovia Central School District publishes the following “Parents’ Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security” here on our website:
- Cazenovia Central School District does not sell or release a student’s personally identifiable information for any commercial purposes;
- Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child’s education record;
- State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including but not limited to, encryption, firewalls, and password protection, must be in place when data is stored or transferred;
- A complete list of all student data elements collected by the State will be available for public review both online and via regular mail from the State Education Department. The website and mailing addresses will be listed here when they are made available; and
- Parents have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data addressed. Complaints may be submitted to Mr. Matt Reilly, Superintendent of Schools, email@example.com or by calling (315) 655-1317.