September 24, 2019
Dear Cazenovia HS Parents & Guardians:
Back to School Night for the High School is this Thursday, September 26th. The format for this year’s evening will be different than in years past. Parents will not follow individual student schedules at specific time intervals. Instead, teachers will be stationed in their classrooms for a “Meet and Greet” opportunity. Curriculum materials and samples of student work will be available and parents/guardians will be able to sign up for parent/teacher conferences, scheduled in October and December. Teachers will be available for introductions and to share information related to their specific courses and their classrooms. Time will not allow for individual conferences.
The following outlines important times and locations for the evening:
- 6:00 pm, College Information Night, HS Auditorium
- Specific to parents/guardians of senior students
- 6:00 – 8:00 pm, Hidden Mischief Program*, Room 104
- 6:30 – 8:00 pm, Student schedules available for pick up in HS Cafeteria
- Schedules will be organized alphabetically by grade level/homeroom
- Food Service snacks and drinks available
- 7:00 pm, Administrators and PTSA Welcome, HS Auditorium
- 7:10 pm – 8:00 pm, Meet and Greet with faculty and staff in HS classrooms.
The Hidden Mischief Program* is being presented by BRiDGES of Madison County and all parents/guardians are invited to stop by room 104 to learn more about current trends related to e-cigarettes, alcohol and drug use by teenagers. This is a very informative presentation that all are encouraged to attend.
We look forward to seeing you at our Back to School Night this Thursday. Please contact the HS office with any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Molly Hagan