CAZENOVIA HIGH SCHOOL, GRADES 8-12
Cazenovia High School is part of a close-knit community located in an historic lakeside village, with agricultural roots and socio-economic diversity. Our mission is to educate students in a safe, caring, respectful and challenging environment that empowers them to become the best possible version of themselves. Together, as a group of teachers, administrators, staff and parents, we focus on building positive relationships and recognize the educational process must be tailored to meet each student’s specific needs and future goals. We foster social, emotional, physical and intellectual growth through a wide variety of opportunities. Cazenovia students are well-rounded individuals who are prepared for the demands of our ever-changing world.
“Success lies not in being the best, but in doing the best.”
- Accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
- Selected as United States Outstanding Secondary School by the United States Department of Education.
- S.A.T. Scores – Recent classes have averaged 543 on the verbal section and 561 on the mathematics section with more than 85 percent of the students being tested. The scores earned, and the number tested are considerably higher than the New York State and national averages.
- More than Eighty-five percent of all seniors go to college.
- College level courses offered at Cazenovia include English, social studies, math, science, and foreign language.
- Macintosh and PC computer laboratories.
- Comprehensive programs for students with special needs.
- Computer assisted drawing and design laboratory.
- Well defined computer courses form Introduction to Computer Programming.
- Vocational programs in business, agriculture, and technology.
- Vocational programs in over 20 subjects at the Onondaga-Cortland-Madison BOCES Centers.
- Pre-Engineering Education Program (Project Lead The Way)
Cell phones are not allowed in Regents, AP nor 8th grade State Tests more