Please check back frequently for the latest news and upcoming events, as we will update this page on a regular basis.
NYS COVID VACCINATION COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP INCENTIVE
Parents or legal guardians of any New Yorker who is 12 to 17 years of age and who has received at least their first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccination, can now enter their child for a chance to win one of 50, four-year, full-ride scholarships (including tuition, fees, room-and-board, and expenses) to any two-year or four-year New York State public college or university. Click here for the link. The first drawing takes place on June 1st and concludes on June 28th.
* Please contact Mrs. Forrett (email@example.com or 315-655-5301) in the High School Counseling Office for your student’s NYSSIS ID number.
2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and NYS Application for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) Open
- On October 1, the 2021-22 FAFSA and NYS application for TAP opened. The FAFSA can be found at fafsa.gov.
- Students who are NYS residents and indicate at least one NYS college on the FAFSA can access the NYS application for TAP at the completion of the FAFSA. Key student data from the FAFSA will be prefilled in their TAP application.
- New features in the FAFSA include a new Internal Revenue Services’ Data Retrieval Tool that enables students and their parents to electronically transfer their 2019 tax return information.
- Please complete the FAFSA early to meet college deadlines and maximize financial aid. Many colleges use the FAFSA information to calculate the amount and types of financial aid that students may qualify for, and each college has its own schedule for awarding financial aid.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
TRANSCRIPT REQUESTS FOR TC3, RIT, MVCC & CAZENOVIA COLLEGE CREDITS & AP SCORES
Just a reminder, seniors who received college credits from TC3, RIT, MVCC or Cazenovia College must request transcripts from each of these schools individually. These schools will forward an official transcript to your college/university. If you would like your AP scores sent to the college you will be attending, please refer to the link below.
CONVERTING YOUR GPA TO A 4.0 SCALE
During the college application process, many students and parents ask how to convert their cumulative numeric average (GPA) to a 4.0 scale, as this is the standard scale used by many colleges/universities. Click here for the link to College Board’s simple conversion chart.
Interested in hiring a tutor for your student? A list of private tutors is available at the Counseling Office. Please contact us at 655-5301 for a copy of the list.
SAT PREP COURSES
Various organizations offer SAT prep classes throughout the year. Click on the links below to access specific information regarding each organization’s program.