“A complete safe-surfing kit and collection of information for parents. This site lays out the rules, the risks, the products and the issues.” — USA Today
CAREER EXPLORER – This is a resource available only to students of the Cazenovia Central School District. In order to access this Website, students will need to obtain a password from their school guidance counselor.
Bridges Career Explorer – This is an excellent source of information concerning a tremendous number of career opportunities. It is suitable for both high school and middle school students. Parents may also find this Website extremely interesting.
MediaConnect – (Free) – Videos, Sound, Online streaming for Staff
- Dictionary & Thesaurus
- Fact Monster – Online Encyclopedia
- Library Databases (Logins can be obtained from your Librarian)
- Google Advanced Search – Gives you many more options when searching
- SweetSearch – all search results are evaluated by research experts
Open Source Images
- MorgueFile provides free photos with license to remix. The MorgueFile photo collection contains thousands of images that anyone can use for free in academic or commercial presentations.
- The World Images Kiosk hosted by San Jose State University offers more than 75,000 images that teachers and students can use in their academic projects.
- Google Images – in order to use open source images you must select “search tools” and select Usage Rights and select labeled for reuse.
Sites of Interest
- Animal Planet – Animal Planet lets you explore cat breeds, dog breeds, wild animals and pets. Get exclusive photos and video, play games and more!
- Khan Academy – Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom. We tackle math, science, computer programming, history, art history, economics and more.
- How Stuff Works – HowStuffWorks explains thousands of topics, from engines to lock-picking to ESP, with video and illustrations so you can learn how everything works.
- NASA Quest – NASA Quest Challenges are FREE Web-based, interactive explorations designed to engage students in authentic scientific and engineering processes.
- Scholastic Kids – Sign in to the online website for kids about books, reading, authors, games. Kids connect to books through online friends in their community profiles.
- Digital Citizenship – Teaches teens digital citizenship through student-directed, media-rich activities that tackle real-world dilemmas. Teens learn from peers’ experiences then create collaborative projects that voice their ideas for making smart choices online.