The online system that allows Cazenovia parents to make deposits into their students’ school meal accounts has changed, but users should barely notice a difference. Due to a change in ownership in the software company that processes the payments, users are now being directed to a different website (mySchoolBucks.com instead of MyNutriKids.com) from the Cazenovia Central School District homepage to access their cafeteria accounts, said District Treasurer Sheryl Conley. But all logins and passwords remain the same. Money deposited into mySchoolBucks.com will usually arrive at the school by the next morning. Parents can set low-balance settings to remind them when it’s time to add more money, or set up recurring payments so the system will automatically add money to the account when the balance reaches the threshold set. According to mySchoolBucks, the online system’s benefits include: • Safety. Virtually eliminates worries about students carrying lunch money to school. • Convenience. Parents can make payments 24 hours a day, seven days a week. (There is $1.95 transaction fee.) • Control. Parents can:
- receive low-balance email reminders;
- monitor student account balances online;
- view their students’ cafeteria purchases.
- Make payments using a credit card or electronic check.
- Option to have payments made automatically each month.
- Deposit confirmations sent directly to users’ email accounts.